Saturday, April 5, 2008

75 million SMSes per day for Celcom

Statistics:
Work it out:
Each customer is supposed to send out 10 SMS a day and/or spend RM1.30 per day on their phone.
Last year's amount for reloads per day stood in the region of RM4.5 million. There has been a two-fold jump in revenue for the telco.

I have a mobile but I don't send out 10 SMS...but I know SMS is a lifestyle for the young. I wonder whether anyone has done any research on social impact of mobile phones on the youngsters. I am sure the impact is quite big. These days when you see the young, you see them clutching their phone(s), quite often busy texting away...I am certain it does eat into their lives...one way or the other.

It seems Maxis has about 10 million subsribers while Digi has about 6.5 million subscribers. Is it safe to assume that the amount reloaded a day is close to RM25 million or that the number of SMS sent is over 200 million. Mind boggling, isn't it? .... Now if only they have statistics as to who the main users are.

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...