Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mobile Broadband Finally

Finally got myself Celcom Mobile Broadband. Got the Blue Cube Modem Plus today.... been going to Blue Cube a couple of times. But never subscribed cos the Blue Cube people I asked all gave me blank stares when I asked whether the modems were Mac friendly. One fler even thought he heard the word 'computer bag' when I said Macintosh...now how to surf the net with a computer bag, yah??? Duh!
Photobucket
Another one.....said 'what Mac'? When I said Apple Mac, I think he looked even more baffled. At the Blue Cube at Kanchut Celcom Branch, they said they weren't doing the promotion that had been advertised on The Star. How could that be? I thought all the branches supposed to hold whatever promo published in the paper.

So I went to Blue Cube at Tesco. Again drew stares when I said I am using Mac OS. The guy kept repeating 'Windows XP issit'? After a couple of times, apparently a new light dawned on him and he said, 'Vista issit'? Aiyo!!! Alor Star is really behind time-lah. Apple got not many takers here! Mention Apple and people probably think of the fruit only.

One thing though, they didn't have a line that I could try....almost didn't want to get it. But finally, decided to since I've been frequenting Blue Cube. Came home...tried just now. Worked like a charm on Other Half's comp which was running on Vista. Then I connected it to mine...it just refused to connect. Both of us looked for a way to get it connected....I kept uninstalling and installing the Connection Manager while Other Half looked for solutions online... Finally we managed to get it going.

So now, I can get online with my Mac anywhere, especially work place.....Yahoo!!!! SchoolNet is so tak boleh harap. It seems to go through this 'siao' periods where we cannot access the Net. And SchoolNet is supposed to be perpetually on....sometimes I wonder whether it's the hardware or the operator that is the problem. But...I don't care...I can go online anywhere! Yay!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's the same feeling as getting your own car, eh? the feeling of freedom to go online as and when you choose... :)

AJ7 said...

Yup....definitely. No need to harap on the school line. You are so under the mercy of people some times.

Anonymous said...

Hm...who knows le, perhaps they may think of Apple clinic ^^

lainieyeoh said...

i'm going through some pretty frustrating probs with the same modem from celcom, it won't "create network" but works on PCs just fine. do you still remember which pages helped you troubleshoot this?

AJ7 said...

It's supposed to be plug and play... just keep trying. That was what I did until I got the breakthrough. 8)

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...