Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wohoo... 21 so far..

I've done 21 books on my Ipod since I got it late last Nov. Means I've read more than 21 books in the last 4 months, since there were some 'old-fashioned' can-hold-with-hands books that I read as well. 8) Now if only the Ipad becomes available here... *faster-faster come*

I know the exact number cos I haven't deleted the books I've read. As a matter of fact, I've categorized them neatly into Read and Not Read. So, as long as I still have space in my Ipod, I'll continue to store the books I've read in there. It's like my own little mini carry-on library. This is one of those 'happy' sparks at this dreary time; looming ahead are extra classes, extra dunno what some more.... depressing cos they're suggesting that it runs till 5 p.m.!

Anyway, back to my found-again old love. When I started reading again after the long hiatus, I actually found it difficult to remember the plot if I put the book away for too long. Very often, I'd be left trying to piece up what I've read.... many of my brain cells must be dying, I guess. But after 4 months, I find myself perking up to better retention.. 8) Maybe some of the dying brains cells are getting a second lease of life... LOL! Brain matter finally getting the exercise it needs. I'm trying to read as many genres as possible. And so far, I've enjoyed most of the books I picked up. I've forgotten how good reading can be.... being caught in the whirls that I'm in now. Sometimes a gadget that makes it convenient can make all the difference. Here's gunning for the remaining by year end (am shifting my target from 10 to 20 for the year! ... and maybe meet the overall target of 40 since the purchase of my Ipod)

Reading has filled up all those waiting time which makes me restless. No time to feel restless now. Meetings become more bearable... patience get a lifeline as a result. Multi-tasking at the gym has made time whiz past without me realizing. I do more workouts without realizing it. An hour can fly by cos I'd be engrossed with a book or articles on my Ipod while on the treadmill or exercycle. Waiting for late people has also been made more bearable.... And there're also the videos and audio stuff too...

I find myself looking forward to the next book to read these days.... so yeah! I'd rate my Ipod Touch my best buy for the last 6 months.

2 comments:

PreciousPearl said...

a book a week! love reading -great, innit?

Unknown said...

Yay! how time gets filled up when the head is tucked among the pages!! Am afraid, I am slow with books!

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...