Friday, November 5, 2010

Kota Setar Flood 2010

This is one flood that's going to be remembered for some time. The city is slowly turning into a sea of water. 5 years ago, our place was one of the few places which were hit. The rest of the city was so normal back then, unlike this round.

We've been literally running away from the water. Water level rose so quickly in such a short time. I tried to cycle back to my house yesterday but turned back after I fell. Water was already above thigh deep with rather strong currents. Immediately went to take my jab and down some antibiotics. The flood is like a cesspool... real one.

In times like this, you can watch, experience and learn many things. You realize who your friends are, and those who who will go the extra mile for you even though they themselves are in the same predicament. I get to talk to neighbours whom I never or seldom talk to.

And today, my 'refugee' centre has also seen rising water. It's still rising and we do not know when it will stop. It's been a tiring few days. Hoping to see an end to this darurat.

More to come...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

my family house is also mangsa to the banjir.. and i cud only watch with sadness from kl on my mum and sis evacuation, helplessly.. my prayers are with you and your family.. take care

monay said...

Oh dear... I am sorry to hear that... Hope you get well soon.

Sia Mooi said...

sounds quite bad....pray the good weather will stay.

AJ7 said...

This is by far the worst flooding we've had in more than a decade. Water spread to the town centre this morning. Never seen the city like this before. Really disaster zone! And they have not even started counting the losses yet!!! It's an experience of sorts. More later.

Audrey said...

Sorry to hear that. Keep safe.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about this plight. It is indeed a very tough time. Everyone must try to keep safe.

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...