Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Old 'Classics'...

I first read them decades ago... as a teen. I wanted something easy to read and found these 2. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and Prince Caspian from The Narnia series by C.S. Lewis.

Narnia; of witches and centaurs, talking animals that are human-like...of Mrs. Beaver that smokes ham and sews on a sewing machine. The White Witch and her spell of never-to-come Christmas... The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Good triumphs over evil in the end... the lion sacrificed himself for Edmund (the son of Adam) only to rise again to triumph over evil, seems to mirror the sacrifice of Christ on the cross for man's sin only to rise again and triumph over evil. Some authors have tried to draw similarities of the underlying meanings....

Prince Caspian is the second book in the chronicles of Narnia. The kids went back to Narnia; centuries have passed and Narnia was in turmoil again. All end well in the second book too...

I completed the whole series when I was a teen. My kids have read this genre too... Lately I've been overcome by a book nostalgia, of the old series that I used to read.

Anyway books 3 and 4!

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...