Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bento No 7... and other stuff

This is the end product of yesterday night's preparations...
Photobucket
This is what Daughter brought... steamed corn sapu with butter and cauliflower with a dash of teriyaki on top. Bacon, asparagus and enoki mushroom is broiled...I wanted it quick - that's why I used the broiler. I feel grilling them will bring out the flavour more. Egg is fried with garlic butter and herbs. I shaped it into bears...the leftovers all went into bro's bento. Strawberries is for dessert and I put in a packet of sugar just in case she wants a little sugar on it and some soya sauce in the strawberry container right at the top right hand corner. Rice is mixed with sushi rice and raisins...with some herbs, of course. Fusion of east and west. 8) All 3 (ma, bro, girl) brought the same stuff to school today.
Photobucket
Mine.....son took his before other half took the camera came out...
Photobucket
And then, when I got to school, found this on my table. My Panitia Head had prepared this for each of us.... her 'papaya bento'. Very nice of her to take the time to make for each of us, with a short note some more! 8)

And my friend (the one who went TESCO with me..) she also prepared almost the same stuff for her kids.. So, this is a morning of bentos..... LOL! Nothing like having a group of friends to spur us on... 8)

Footnote...nope I didn't sleep all that well yesterday night... I mean I did sleep like a log...but had trouble falling to sleep cos the hands were throbbing....from digging the volleyball yesterday. Today, hands are stiff...not from muscle aches but the pain from the constant pounding of the volleyball....it really hurts to play! But still want to suffer the pain...siao onot??

3 comments:

mc26 said...

my neck n arms are a bit painful but luckily skin din "black-green'(used hokkien)
Have 'fit' myself up..

LIFE'S JOURNEY said...

I would appreciate this Bento in mandrin, “吃在口里,甜在心理" All from mother's heart.

AJ7 said...

aiya...may be from the mother's heart...but sometimes the scourge of being a teenager can make one senseless...

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...