Friday, September 18, 2009

Farming, anyone??

I didn't know so many people like farming. Must be something in our blood, I supposed? Farming after all puts on the table. Most of our food comes from 'organized-crop'.... ha! ha! I think almost everyone of us can at least count a farmer in our ancestral lines. And maybe that's why too farming is such a rave among us now. I see the trainee teachers in my school idling their time away farming in the Staff Room... They're turning into die-hard farmers, by the looks of things for they're seem diligent in tending to their crops and livestock.

Welcome to the world of cyber farming! Where plants still need watering, pigs, sheep, ducks go a-wandering and get lost.. and you get messages like this...
"I was tending my farm today when a lost little ducky came walkin' up lookin' all sad and... well, frankly he was ugly, y'all. In a CUTE way, of course.:) Please be on the lookout for this little guy on your farms and help..."
I'm getting lotsa such messages on my FB and I'm beginning to think that there lotsa farmer wannabes among this well-heeled group of people who cannot wait to get back into the sun, roughing out their well manicured nails and smooth skin.

I'm even reading about people leaving a list of to-do things when they go for holidays, with the list being things like water the plants/vegetables, take care of the animals... you know, farming stuff... only to find out that these vegetables, animals are all in the cyber world, made up of a combination of programming and cartoony pics. And they announce the 'harvest' their produce to the whole world! Whatever they do with such produce? Can't eat it also.

Aiyo! If one likes farming so much, go out into the garden, get your hands dirty and plant real plants. You can actually eat your produce, you know? I asked Son whether he's also into online farming. Yup! When asked why? He said because it's fun, nice to farm! Nice feeling.... I'd rather he go pick up a racket and go play some games... It's also fun plus it keeps you healthy. Or go read something... it keeps the mind sharper too. Farming this way? I dunno! But one thing for sure, you definitely don't work out any sweats.... It's a cuckoo world we live in. Cyber farming... I'm sure my grandad will have a hard time making sense of all these... LOL! But with 300 million FaceBookers, I supposed it's not strange to find some 'farmers' among them ..... *shaking head*

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...