Friday, September 25, 2009

Remember these biscuits??

Photobucket
Remember these biscuits? My kids don't see these much. Neither do they eat it much except when I buy them. That also, they're not quite used to them cos their biscuits come in glossy and colourful packaging under brand names like Hwa Tai, Julie's and those that you find on the supermarket shelves.

These are the biscuits which I think many my peers used to eat as breakfast or tea or even supper. They came in these huge tins sold in sundry shops. Dad used to buy such tins of cream crackers to feed us. I used to see them being sold in my uncle's sundry shop when I was younger. These days I make very infrequent visits to the sundry shops as most of my shopping is done in the hypermarts. Changing lifestyle!
Photobucket
This is a cottage industry.. biscuit making. Located along Jln Sg Korok, next to what seemed to be an old temple. At the back of the house is a thriving cottage industry - making biscuits which you find from the sundry shops.

Nancy is a bit 'siao' about these biscuits and so far I've followed her there twice. I even got myself a few variety of the biscuits while it was there.
Photobucket
Owned by a family member of a badminton kaki of mine, it's definitely nicer to be able to buy these biscuits straight from the source cos they're really fresh this way and cheaper too! 8) And they taste simply delicious when dipped into the coffee!

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...