Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sisters...

Make-up... as in the stuff that one plasters on one's face! The last time I put on them on was like so very long ago. Over the years, my dear sis have made efforts to buy me nice make up kits, some quite nice but some of them never saw beyond the package that they came in.

I've got a wonderful big sis. Strange huh, no matter how old we grow, a big sis will always remain so. My big sis used to make most of my working clothes for me. She even did my evening gown for my wedding, and over the years, I've been recipient of countless outfits. Tailoring was one of her past times in her early days. I've never really had to buy too many work clothes over the years cos every hols when I see her, there'd be a few new outfits for me. But I suppose it helps that I am not a picky dresser. 8)

It's been a long time since both of us left home... but over the years, we've been able to maintain a good and meaningful relationship despite the different places that she's been away to.

So, I guess sisters are a blessings to our lives. Sisters enrich our lives in a different way... if you ask me for specifics, it's kinda difficult to put a finger to each one... but this is definitely one of the blessings of life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for your post. I'm honoured

daboss said...

true, true and true... but sisters also irritate, quarrel and bully! :D

AJ7 said...

exactly... but once we move beyond that... we're at another level. That I think is quite priceless.. 8)

ppearl said...

waaaa.... DaBoss, u speaking from experience ka? only son, surrounded by female siblings, rite?
lucky you :rolleyes:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...