Saturday, June 14, 2008

Thoughts After Camp

Came back mid afternoon, after 2 nights and 2 days at Cinta Sayang Golf & Country Resort. As mentioned earlier, it's a place which we are familiar. Was told that now they are a 5-star establishment. Service seems better but facilities remain quite the same. Rooms do not truly reflect the 5-star status. Our toilet bowl almost overflowed! But Maintenance solved the problem quite fast! The pool slide was broken and could be a danger. But they were quite nice in the sense that they waived the bill for the extra bed which we asked. Breakfast was part of the package. It was ok, nothing spectacular, your regular Malaysian breakfast. Of course it's not worth the RM25 but for the ambience and experience, I'd still rate it okay. Anyway, it's not something you go for every day.
The camp came to a conclusion, I would say, on a good note....not just in a spiritual sense..but in a way, some things which needed to be looked into were brought up. Some may be a little unpleasant but in the longer run, if we are to moved on, if we are to be able to build on what has been laid, I'd say it's a move in the right direction.I also learned that in order to move forward, we have to watch out for every part of the body for if one or more is affected, then we will not be truly effective. Try imagine living without one hand for example. Life goes on but it's more difficult. I also learned that people move on with their lives....nothing new really. But some people are special. They move on too but they remain true to their calling and remain passionate and committed about their cause. This breed of people truly stand out. I am reminded of my IMYF counsellor Mrs. Tay. I truly appreciate and admire her commitment to the youth work, and how she went on years after she retired from teaching! I'm also reminded again that there is nothing new under the sun. Ecclesiastes 1: 9 What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. So, as I look at the struggles in the different areas of our lives, I realize that most of us go through the same struggles, different magnitude, maybe. What makes a difference is the people who come into our lives at that point of our lives and show us God's love....help us during our troubled times and make it bearable for us. But what I find meaningful is there are people who go through and remember and they continue to pass on their compassion and understanding. Then there are those who went through....but once they are done....they move on and forget. But I am always hopeful!

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...