Friday, April 11, 2008

Blogging ... Great Teaching Tool

Just realized that today is a month since I started blogging. Personally, the last 4 weeks of blogging has been quite fun and also an eye opening experience. People blog for various reasons but one of the things I have realised is the power of the blogs. It educates in direct and subtle ways. And it's a great way to learn cos we learn from other people's experiences.

There are those of us who blog for monetary gains....(there is nothing wrong with that), then there are also those who blog as an outlet of emotions...believe me, blogs are a great way to monologue 8), blog also enables us to reach out to others and share our experiences with others, avoid the same pitfalls....and blogs also create awareness in each and everyone of us on issues that matter to us.

I've always encouraged my kids to blog...I think writing is a great way of provoking ourselves to think. We live in an age where we are too busy to think. We stop caring when we stop thinking...I believe in that. The thing is when we write our thoughts on a piece of paper, it stops there. But when we blog, there are possibilities...things can get moving because there is an audience. It takes two to tango...'tepuk sebelah tangan tak berbunyi' and because of that action takes place. And another thing is when you blog, there are gratifications....they need not be just monetary gains, more often than never, just being acknowledged is also good enough. And today, I think that effect is felt by my son. After reading about Hannah Yeoh's piece on the Angsana Flats, I talked to him about what he could do for his class project since he had to do a comparison study. So this afternoon he wrote his piece, published it... when you do a search, his post was in the first list.

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...