Tuesday, April 15, 2008

And now they say all must buckle up!!

Word has it that rear safety belts will be made mandatory soon...if I heard correctly, probably by June this year. I think it is a timely move cos it is a life-saving measure. Problem is I think we are not quite ready. At the behest of other half who made a very good observation a week ago, I started to observe the drivers on the road. Guess what! More than 50% of the front seat people in cars don't buckle up! As I was stuck at a roundabout, I decided to do a little random survey. Of the 21 cars which passed me (either direction), 17 of them DID NOT wear their safety belts. And this law has been there so long......

This was taken just the other day as I was coming back from town. Dad is 'helmeted'. Kid had no protection whatsoever. Malaysians generally still take issues related to safety on the road very lightly.

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...