Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Long Suffering SE C905

It went back to the repair shop again. This 7 month-old phone of mine has been in for repairs twice. And the total time that it had stayed in the shop during the duration has exceeded a month!

This time it went in because the speaker malfunctioned... I had to go back twice. Grrr.... really buang my masa. Computerization does not mean that there is more efficiency. Still boils down to the human operators! Apparently the flex-cable-ribbon (??) went kaput and had to be replaced. And the ribbon only has a 3-month warranty they told me! So the one-year warranty thingy is actually a limited warranty (or no warranty). I was told to pay RM30 when I sent it back again... plus they couldn't figure out why there's still a problem, so they had to ask the boss. What efficiency, huh? Look very cekap, sitting at the computer typing out my phone serial number to check but in the end, the repairs not fully completed also don't know.

But I've been having problems with it since I got it back the first time. The screen colour runs sometimes... it turns green. They say they'd seen to that which is not quite true cos the screen still 'freezes'. The bounce in the 'down' button went kaput too, the first month itself. The first time I sent it for repairs, the bounce came back, but only for 2 weeks. Then it went dead again.

This time, the bounce has come back. I shall keep my fingers crossed and hope that it doesn't go dead cos it's really difficult to press when there is spring in the button.

As for the charges, I gave them (in a nice and polite way) a piece of my mind... from lousy service to hiding certain info from the customers. The lady did look a little sheepish when I said, it's kinda silly to hold our phones so long and tell us that they've sent it to Penang when they're just buying time (to create this sense of awayness) and that repairs are done by themselves in the same building... which brings to question the validity of the warranty that comes with each set. Anyway, in the end I didn't have to pay....

I've actually been very tempted to trade in my phone... but since it's just a waste of $$$ to do that, I'll hang on to it until the warranty expires. I should be jumping with rage over this thing... but nah! It's just not worth the jumping up and down. It has given me something to write about...

Anyway... buyers beware. Buying a phone in Sentosa has its pitfalls. I think it is actually quite possible for them to actually assemble a phone and pass it for a new one.... it's not difficult to be unscrupulous and customers who are ignorant like us can get taken for a ride quite easily.

3 comments:

ppearl said...

may i recommend (again) my time-tested and completely foolproof 2 kongkong with a string???? lol
tralalalalala.....

AJ7 said...

I am tempted but that would mean I will be leaving a trail of string every where I go..... 8(

ppearl said...

oooOOOOoooo......
so that's what's following me around ah.....

:D

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...