Saturday, March 14, 2009

My SE c905 is FINALLY BACK!!!

Finally got my SE c905 back 16 days after I sent it for repairs. The problem was its back button refused to go back!! And being a lady, those flers there did not quite believe me when I told them that I had reset the phone, etc... anyway, they too couldn't get it to work after fiddling with it. So they sent it to the 'repair room' and after half an hour, it came out. They said it was okay! But it wasn't. Obviously the technician up there didn't even bother checking after whatever he did with it. Finally they said they had to send it back... presumably to Penang.

One week later... I called. Some lady said it had come back. So off I went. Took the phone but the battery was missing.. had to go for a short hunt for my salesman. They have this policy that you must go back to the salesman who sold you the phone. The phone went and came back from Penang. Obviously the technician there also did not check whether it was working... cos the 'back button' was still not working. So, didn't get my phone back cos it had to be sent back again. Was quite annoyed cos it was a wasted trip.

Second week... I called. Again had to digitally hunt for my salesman.... Very tiring to do this stuff. Couldn't get him... so I asked to talk to the boss. Boss in Haadyai... aiyo!!!
What to do?? I left a message for my salesman. He called back and said he just called Penang. Phone on the way. Said he'll call me once he checked.

One day later... no news.. Since I was busy, decided to leave it another day. Next day... I called. The fler no where to be found. I called the office. He happened to be there. He never answers his handphone. I was told my phone was in his care. So I said I'll be over in a short while. Told him to wait.

Got there... no salesman in sight. Called... again no answer. This mobile handphone salesman does not carry his phone. So I walked around.. finally spotted him having noodles with a gal in a shop opposite the complex. I stood there for about 5 minutes and stared at him.... power of a stare??? Anyway, he turned around (twice) and saw me... signalled me to wait.

Then he came over... I was quite exasperated by then. Asked him how come he didn't wait for me... it had only been 15 minutes since I left the message for him to wait. Then I asked him... how come never answer or return call... he said he boh-lat answer his calls. Then I said might as well not give his phone number to his customers. Told him his service no good... he said 'boh huat-lah' (cannot be helped) to which I told him... ya-lor... 'boh-huat' if customers don't buy from him since there is also such a thing as networking among customers...
Photobucket
So, I learned that afternoon why some people can sell 'million-dollar biggies' like houses and ships while some can only sell handphones... And it turned out my phone did indeed have a hardware problem as I had suspected... but boh huat-lah...this is still a world where a woman is deemed a don't-know-anything when it comes to techie stuff. I also learned that salesmen can promise you the sun and the moon before making a sale... once money changes hands.... only bits of the sun and moon are left, and you have to make do with whatever bits to light your own way...

And then this.... Came home.. checked through my phone, found out that this salesman had taken the phone home to check it out, I supposed. No wonder he never called me after the phone came back from repairs. He had taken photos of his room (presumably) with it and the alarm was set. When I tried to put in my MicroSD card... his card was in it. So, now I'll wait for him to call me.... Looks like he also ambil chance to use the phone as his own... this is what I call 'gau-lat'. I don't think I'll be going to Sentosa Plaza for mobile phone shopping any time soon in the future.... so there my litany of complaints.

And oh! I asked him how many shops his boss runs in Sentosa... he said 5! I guessed right.

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...