Monday, March 16, 2009

Best Curry Mee...

If you want good curry mee in Alor Star, I think this is one of the places to go. Of course, what qualifies as a good curry mee would differ person to person. Some people like their curry watery and diluted, I like mine thick and 'lemak' with this rich coconut milk taste.
Photobucket
This is Sweet Cosy Cafe. It is located off Jln Pegawai; in the same row as the Badlishah Superstore. It's quite unobtrusive, so you actually have to look out for it. I like the place. It is clean, inviting and comfortable; quite cosy as the name suggests.
Photobucket
Food preparation area is well maintained. They also sell chicken rice which I've been told is quite nice. Service is prompt and good. The waitress was very friendly.
Photobucket
This is their seafood curry mee... the gravy has a nice inviting colour and it looks yummy. There're not many places in Alor Star where you can get thick curry me like this. Usually they're rather diluted. So a place like this is a welcomed change for me.
Photobucket
They have other mee and kway teow variants... this is their dry kway teow which Other Half ordered. Pour some curry on it, you get an extra ooomph..
Photobucket
And mee for the the girl, which is so-so. This is a place worth checking out. And while writing this post, I realized that we forgot to pay for our meal... *sheepish*. We happily walked off and the waiters also didn't stop us! Aiyo!!! Other Half and I had to drive back to the Cafe to settle our bill.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Random Shots

Yours sincerely and the better half have to check out this outlet. Tks

prorogue said...

a.amelia... in terms of "best curry mee", u got it wrong.. must take u to my fav shop..always go with dad.. think its nicer..hehe.. but don have all the friendly waitress and cosy area..

AJ7 said...

prorogue... let me qualify myself...best curry mee differ person to person. LOL! Anway, where is your best curry mee?? 8)

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...