Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pokok Sena Hill has a new shelter!

I've got to hand it to the HASH people... we haven't gone hiking for 3 weeks and last Saturday, we went. My lil gal is now quite fast... went all the way up without stopping. She is slowly feeling more confident of her footing. But this time, we were literally chased up by hungry mozzies! Good thing we brought anti-mozzie repellant along. But that didn't keep them away for long. Anyway, a pleasant surprise awaited us up there.....
PSena1
The building materials were carried by hand up there to build this, no mean feat. Some Bangladeshis were hired to do the work. Made of hardwood (I presume they have taken the termites into considerations) the hut provides a nice shelter should the rains hit us while on our way up! And that happens a lot during the wet season. Die hard hikers are there rain or shine! So cheers to those kind souls who built this to share this with everyone who goes up the hill!

And cos of that, now we have a nice place to sit up there... should we be able to stand the mosquitoes' attack. It's rainy season now and the latex cups have also become mozzies breeding cups. So many hungry mosquitoes... so few food sources...

2 comments:

Thomas C B Chua said...

Random Shots, u r a rare breed of Homo Sa-pi-ens who r alive n living. Many of our kind r alive but not living because they over enjoy the comfort of their caves and let the world goes by.

Common comments. "What u drive up 2 Pokok Sena just to climb a hill? Gila ! Waste petrol! U think I have no better things 2 do. After work tired oleli. Where 2 get energy ! I do gardening I also sweat what? I walk Teluk Wanjah market, exercise oleli what?"

Know something? I have taken up Squash.A world away from Nicole David but it is a strenuous game n u can do it alone!

Carpe diem. Seize day. I will witness the new shade this afternoon, all by myself if my regular"kakis" refuse to go.

God bless.

AJ7 said...

Thank you... we have but one life here, one race to complete. Life is meant to be lived to its fullest, I believe. We should keep trying new things, new frontiers... very often I too fall into a routine. So your remark comes also as an apt reminder for me to get myself out of my cave. 8)

Way to go... yr squash. I play it sometimes.... Yup! Seize the day. life is more colourful that way.

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...