Friday, March 27, 2009

Makan-Makan Alor Setar...Do Re Mi

This was last Friday's lunch; on Mol. We had breakfast together earlier. See, we miss each other so much! Got a lot to catch up also. LOL!
Photobucket
Do Re Mi... at Jln Pintu Sepuluh... (I hope I got the name of the road right).... This place is very inconspicuous. With a faded signboard like that, you've got to look really hard. The shop has been around for over a decade. I used to walk past it but never went in. Anyway, Mol said the food in this place was nice. So we gave it a try... since it was her treat anyway.
Photobucket
This is bean curd in dark sauce and minced meat. They say they make their own bean curd.
Photobucket
This is one of the better chai pok steamed fish I've taken. The chai pok is not overly fried. So there is no burnt taste. Neither were they chewy. They were actually quite crispy. Served with pieces of steamed fish minus the bones, it was easy to eat.
Photobucket
4 different types of veg in one dish... french beans, aubergines, petai and angle beans... Nancy said she ate asparagus but I didn't find any. Fried in sambal and some prawns, this was actually a new experience for me. Appetizing. Not bad!

Photobucket
Meat cooked in sweet sour sauce. Tender and very easy to chew. Taste is not bad, goes well with the rice.
Photobucket
And this... I've always like yam. So to be able to have my lunch with yam rice instead of white rice; that's quite nice. Inconspicuous, simple and no frills ... and this is reflected in the bill. Lunch for six of us plus drinks (a mix of soya bean drink, herbal tea) came up to RM53. I think it is very reasonable.

1 comment:

Thomas C B Chua said...

Random Shots, this is our favourite lunch haunt. U should try their fried chicken in duck egg,n pork with salt fish cooked in clay pot (sar por). O la la. One minus point n I think u will agree with me n better half.......................
.................. the proprietress needs 2 retire the aged waitress. Give her a pension n let her relax in her sunset years. LOL

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...