Monday, March 23, 2009

Sentosa Plaza.. more handphone tales

Well... my Sony Ericsson c905 went 'siao' again. This time two of the press buttons became touch buttons. They were so sensitive that the phone would stop ringing when you touch it; which meant that I couldn't hear my calls coming in as the buttons would be rubbing against my pocket lining and that would effectively silence all the calls. And the info screen kept popping up cos the whole board short circuited.
Photobucket
So, I went back to Sentosa Plaza again... really geram. The phone is hardly 4 months old and already it has been giving me problems. Lucky me... this time my wandering salesman was found at his station. I showed him my problem... he walked around with my phone.. I think he was trying to shake me off as earlier he told me to wait. But I followed him.. persistently.

In the end I followed him to one far end (used to be where the supermarket was) and there was a 'Phone Repairing' shop there. I walked over to him and the lady there told me they will repair it within the day. The last time it took 16 days. So, all the time it may have been at that shop! Yup! They did repair it within a day...
Photobucket
This I just realized... there is a strong likelihood that all the guarantee from the company who brought in all these parallel import stuff... they are just words used by salesman to sell a product. The guarantee actually comes from this 'Repairing Shop' in Sentosa Plaza itself. And what kinds of parts they change into your phone... only they know. But I won't be surprised if they're not original. Anyway, two days after 'repair' my button is not so springy again... 8(

Guess that is why all the 'underwater' phones are cheaper'.... memang padan pun with the guarantee that they provide. We are suckers for cheaper stuff... where got such a thing as a free ride in life??? Aiyo... for all I know, my phone may be a product of a chop shop... not the stolen kind but the other kind... chop to repair and replace with non originals. 8(

6 comments:

Jian said...

I've learn that you can't save money on gadgets such as a hand phone. Fork out maybe 100-200bucks for original products for more assurance and definitely a much better warranty and repair services. And never buy from Sentosa. I've a friend working there and he told us some of the so-called original items are also fake. So just imagine how much worse if it is a fake one. We all learn from lessons like these. It's something we call, a way of life=)

AJ7 said...

Agreed... so take heed. I'm learning as I go along. LOL!

PreciousPearl said...

i still with my two kongkong and a piece of string in between, how ah?
:p:

AJ7 said...

PP... you have just brought back old memories of me and my bro playing with the kong kong... Have not seen any of my kids doing that!

Athena said...

actualy it depends la.. but if your model is new then, definitely a lot of issues.. if yours is already a 'stable' product, then i guess it's not so critical to get the ori!

syuhadahshukur said...

its truueee???? i had mine just use for 4 month its cnnot on without reason, no wonder some people said tht dont buy at sentosa.. but every gadget shop i go all around malaysia i'll get fake one or got problem with it. whay they people very cheap and sell fake one with market price

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...