Saturday, March 14, 2009

Grief...

In my list of unpleasant things in life, grief is surely one of them. It is so difficult to describe it cos it has so many facets. And a person in grief hurts so much; it feels like the sadness will never let up; that your world has literally stopped moving, that the sparkle seems to have gone out of life. Grief from the loss of a loved one... I've been through a few with friends but I'll never get used to it.

Going through grief is like a ride on a roller coaster; there are so many ups and downs and they come zooming in and out. You go through an assortment of feelings; paralyzing fear, extreme sadness, dark depression, so many mixed feelings... sometimes the tears just never seem to stop coming. A memorabilia, a picture, a word, a thot... anyone (and more) can trigger this feeling of extremities.

The peace that you seek never seem to come... I wish there's more to be done... but my mind tells me that this needs time. I wish it can be sped up but I know patience is required... grief.... it strikes a chord, right to the very core of your soul.

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...