Saturday, March 7, 2009

Friday Frenzy...

Fridays... it's supposed to be the weekend here. We still follow the Fri & Sat weekend. With school going children and own activities, lately Fridays are a frenzy. Spent the whole morning on the road... covered lots of miles. By the time I got home after pick-ups, errands and lunch, it was past 3 pm. Had to grab 40 winks.
Photobucket
Then it was time to go to church to get the place ready for the next day's medical screening. We hung curtains and posters, cleared the rooms, arranged chairs, swept and mopped the floor, tried out the presentation....
Photobucket
After we were done at church... it off to dinner at Ah Ho's. This is a gift from one of us to Ah Ho... we're all looking forward to the next tea... English style. Already hinted out loudly to her. Ha! Ha!
Photobucket
After dinner of delicious simple food; food always taste better when take in a group.. ha! ha! In good company.... sembang-sembang over drinks.
Photobucket
Conversations flowed freely... and Ah Ho's patchwork almost done. They'll be copycats for this soon.
Photobucket
Then it was off to church again... for worship practice. Halfway through, blackout... Good thing Pastor had insisted that we fixed emergency lights at strategic places. Anyway, practice was carried on with the torchlights.... me the torchlight holder. 8) Went home after that... and was totally bushed out.

And now... I'm stuck at school attending some personality in-house course. I've done dozens of such tests. This will just remain another one of those courses done to meet a requirement.... bureaucracy at work here. Anyway, there wasn't much content... just ramblings and attempts to create a feel-good factor. A Hindustani video clip was shown... and in Kedah, this is sure to turn heads and catch attention. Unfortunately, I am not from here... so the appeal factor isn't that great! So there! How I wasted my Sat morning! LOL! Anyway, $$$ needs to be spent; if not the budget would be withdrawn. ... well, at least I've my comp to keep me company; and the luxury to sit in front of it and read till my eyes bulge! Ha! Ha!

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...