Thursday, January 21, 2010

Flowers... Cameron Highlands

I'll let the pics talk... flowers. 8) One can be really bowled over by their beauty... This is at the private farms, made possible by an old friend...
Chrysenthum,Cameron Highlands
John and Chris' (Forum Mamasan) farm. And they specialize only in one type of flower - chrysanthemums! We were fortunate cos this is not your usual touristy farm. And we had the boss and his wife to show us around.... 8)
Chrysenthum,Cameron Highlands
I never knew that they were so many types of chrysanthemums... and that Amsterdam is the place to go for all the newest breeds.
Chrysenthum,Cameron Highlands
These are still under experimentation... really beautiful! Never seen a green chrysanthemum with such fine petals.
Chrysenthum,Cameron Highlands
A tour round the farm... areas which are awaiting replanting.
Chrysenthum,Cameron Highlands
The nursery... more than meets the eyes. I learned that there were many different types of chrysanthemums just under this one roof!
Chrysenthum,Cameron Highlands
We learned a lot about flower farming... From here, John drove us to his friend's orchid farm.
orchids,Cameron Highlands
With the proprietor whom we discovered also had a penchant for photography. 8) With so many beautiful flowers around, how not to.
orchids,Cameron Highlands
The slipper orchids caught my attention... it's supposed to look like a slipper but I see faces in these orchids. This looks like a squirrel... a chipmunk, maybe. 8)
orchids,Cameron Highlands
Liono???
orchids,Cameron Highlands
Yosemite Sam and his missus???
orchids,Cameron Highlands
This reminds me of one of those flying chipmunks.... Halloween!
orchids,Cameron Highlands
Bugs bunny??
orchids,Cameron Highlands
This is the road leading up to the farm. Notice the old Land Rover? There are many such Land Rovers all over Cameron Highlands with CH plastered at the doors. They are probably the old JKR, TNB, Police Land Rovers which have found their way here. They're handy for the terrain but pollute the environment!
orchids,Cameron Highlands
Back to the road... it was perhaps one of the scarier rides we've had. But because we were in competent hands (John was driving), it didn't feel so bad. Other Half said, it beats the Roller Coaster rides. Most of the time, it was only wide enough for one car to pass (ngam-ngam only). In some places, it was quite bumpy and when you look to other side, it's a sheer drop. But I am more convinced that I should consider getting a 4WD after this trip too!
Orchid Farm,Cameron Highlands
This was a point of conversation... pokok duit-duit. We used to put it in our books and wait for them to grow anak-anak. There were of course many other types of orchids, many of which I had not seen before. Thanks to Chris and John for it... and oh ya! I came back with 2 orchid plants too...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to import frlower from Malaysia to Thiland. Can you give me the address of this farm or who I can contatc. Please send me at phuwaringroup@hotmail.com

JPS said...

Hi there, I'm also interested in buying the Fresh Cut Chrysanthemum from this farm because they look very good in quality and variety. Please kindly give me contact details (could be either phone, email or address). Thank you very much for your help in advance. My email is jpariya@gmail.com

AJ7 said...

Have forwarded your emails to the farm but these flowers are mainly for the Japanese market and their order books are filled.

sunil said...

I would like to import flower from Malaysia to sri lanka.
Can you give me the address of this farm or who I can contatc.
Please send me at mdsjsj@yahoo.com

Aaron Chang said...

Hi,
Can you give me the address and contact no. of the orchid farm.
Please send to my mail.
aaronchangkf@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Unknown said...

hello, im hiroki of japanese.
your blog is very exciting and caught my attention!
if you ok, pls tell me this farm address and reply.
my address is [h1r0k1.m.0716@gmail.com]
thank you

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...