Friday, January 8, 2010

Hawker Food @ New Lane

The 3rd of 4 posts....
New Lane
New Lane... I go for either the beef soup noodle/kway teow or chee cheong chuk when I am there.
New Lane
Some of my friends are absolutely siao about this chee cheong chuk. It is popular, so if you go too late, you'd be disappointed. The last I had this was more than a year ago when I brought my volleyball mates here during our MSKPPM 2008. This time I even ta-pau-ed 2 packets back for a friend and her other half. She simply loves this chee cheong chuk... and I think it made a happy dinner! LOL! We were at Canton-i earlier in the day and I also ordered their equivalent of chee cheong chuk (which was dismal compared to this New Lane version). Let me now go into the economics...
New Lane
Verdict - the one in New Lane wins hands down and it only costs RM4.00 per bowl! One bowl at Canton-i cost almost RM12! If you want to have a real treat - you can keh-liao and you can eat yourself ecstatic! I think RM12 will overflow your bowl with all the goodies and you'll probably stuff yourself jelak! LOL!
New Lane
Other Half and Son had char-kway-teow. Son said it's better than his favourite stall in Alor Setar. Penang Char-Kway-Teow, the name itself also will psyche you into thinking that you are already in for a yummy treat. Gal as usual went for her wantan mee.. at the rate she is going, she's going to be a wantan mee expert. LOL!
New Lane
This is popiah. Penang popiah is wetter than the popiah my mom makes. They actually pour the sauce on the popiah. I prefer mine dry so that I can hold the whole popiah and chomp it down. But this was also quite nice! 8) ...though not a finger food!

New Lane... one of the nicer places to jalan-jalan cari makan at the gerai.

6 comments:

Sia Mooi said...

every time i c ur blog on this matter; i'd tell myself i must take pics n blog too. just rtn fm dinner n as usual din bring camera. sigh....still not a habit carrying camera around.

AJ7 said...

I'm glad I'm inspiring you a little... 8) This is just my way of sharing some of the good stuff that comes my way. Just as I've benefited from others' sharing of their good stuff.... jia yu.

monay said...

brings back memories of Penang and my Ayer Itams days. Thanks... Nowadays, by necessity my char kuay teow is pretty good... :) Learnt it from my mom.

Dino said...

Waaa.....looks good. When i go up North next time, i look for you ya.

AJ7 said...

Tarak masalah! 8)

All things beautiful said...

You know me so well :-) Thanks a zillion :-) :-) :-)

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...