Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ipad... Wish List

... think I am going to shelf my dream of an IMac and settle for this instead. I currently have a 2-year-old MacBook which is serving me very well and a Touch which I feel is the best PDA I've used so far.

The Touch has provided hours of reading pleasure, and also some occasional games. Currently Scramble is my favourite. Also, the Ipod has been a great tool for me to keep track of my mileage and reminds me often the way I drive affect my fuel consumption. There is also the Period Tracker... 8). A woman's best friend. No need for me to keep going back to the manual calendar. On the same note too the Bill Tracker... helps organize my bill paying.

Oh there are so many other apps that keep me really happy. I haven't gone on to the paying apps simply because I'm still wary about the credit card thingy. But I think it's only a matter of time before I do that cos there are many apps which I think will be useful to me and they're cheap.

Bible reading has also been made easier. There have the Planner as well as the Bible... it makes it so convenient. But there are time when I still slack. I'm enjoying the news that I get from New York Times and BBC. Also Pop Sci... these are really treasure troves and they allow me to read wherever I am. Suffice to say, most of my waiting time is now spent fiddling on my Ipod. Meetings have also become more bearable as a result. 8)

Let's see what else... ah yes! Gym workouts. I carry my personal trainer everywhere. No longer do I need to ask the gym guy how to use the equipment or what exercise I should do... I can always refer to the Ipod and some of the free apps come with video, which reminds me. Video display is simply awesome even on the Ipod. I'd download stuff from TED and watch them on the go. Very inspiring sometimes!

There are plenty of other apps which keep me occupied one way or the other... so if the Ipad will provide me that sort of experience with that sort of ease at home Ipod does for me on the go.... it's going from my wish list to ownership when it's made available here... 8) The 3G connection makes it an attractive replacement for my Netbook for sure. If they had incorporated multi tasking as one of the features, I'd probably be bowled over.... never mind if I have to be reminded of the tampon each time I use it. LOL!

3 comments:

Dino said...

My biggest complaint about these I-p'ers is there is no Flash support. #$%E#%#$%!!!!!

AJ7 said...

Yeah... that one is a sore point. Wish they can resolve that!

daboss said...

i don't normally pamper myself but i've decided to get one of these if/when it becomes available in malaysia. won't go for the 3g version - but wifi definitely needed!

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...