Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ladies Night

This was on Monday night.. our Methodist Women's (MW) first meeting for the year. New year and a new committee also.
MW Cookies Night
Like Zacheus they stood, while the teacher taught... LOL! Only different was they wanted to know the secret to a good cookie. 8)

Anyway, I was there to lend my support. I've not attended many of their meetings cos it coincided with my lessons with my boy and co the last 5 years. So, this year, I thought I'd try to make it for a few of their meetings since I'm done with him... I've written about it in the church blog here.

Ladies.. I think they are like the backbone of the church. Many of these ladies I've known for many years. And they have contributed a lot and silently. Anyway, it was a nice night out... I was there more for the food and fellowship more than anything.
Cheese Sables
We had a learn-to-bake-cookies session. Ah Ho conducted. I helped to eat.. and so did a few. 8) These are Cheddar Cheese Sables.. Tasty and savoury; what more fresh from the oven.

5 comments:

PreciousPearl said...

hahaha! malaysian ladies grouping together..... what else? cooking & eating lah, of course!

AJ7 said...

Now what do ladies over there do when they gather? kah! kah! kah!

PreciousPearl said...

the ang moh ones? imbibe the fermented juice of the vine, get very happy & talk lots of rubbish, of course :D
(in case u r wondering, i am teetotal myself)

Thomas C B Chua said...

Random Shot, this " Ah Hoe" u have been mentioning, who is he? Can he be invited to do a cookie demonstration for my church ladies?

AJ7 said...

Shouldn't be a problem... SHE says can. This is one lady who is a blessing to many-many of us... our stomachs get blessed. 8)

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...