Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tea @ Royal Kedah Club

Was supposed to be tea but felt like dinner.
Photobucket
Sitting in the Golfers' Terrace, overlooking the greens, one can get used to such kind of life. Since it was almost end of the month and I had not finished up my 'food quota' yet, decided to invite the girls (and their paiseh bro) for tea. Paiseh bro didn't show up cos he was paiseh....
Photobucket
This is the ais kacang. At RM4, it's huge. One gets hyper on sugar overload. But it's actually quite nice. Would be quite difficult for one person to finish... if the person is me.
Photobucket
The Banana Split for Daughter. My kids get to sample the 'premium' ice-creams like Haaegan Dazs, Ben & Jerry but it never surprises me how they'd still claim that these ice-creams are very nice. Presentation goes a long way in convincing the 'diner', I guess. So food need not necessarily be very nice.... what's pleasing to the eyes is. Guess that's why cosmetics, fashion and anything to do with 'beauty' sells... and sells really big some more. We're suckers for good-looking things!
Photobucket
Other Half had sandwich. He says it was nice... but he's a sandwich fan. So anything sandwich goes down well with him. At RM3 per plate like this, you can't complain. Ais kacang and sandwich can be surprisingly filling.
Photobucket
The girls had their ice-creams...think these are peach melba and lychee @ RM5.50 each.
Photobucket
...and shared the RKC Special Fried Rice. I took a tiny mouthful and it wasn't too bad. Ling got to it before the camera did! 8)
Photobucket
Mine was grilled chicken; Doc T recommended it highly. All I can remember is the number on the menu - 404 (the HTTP standard response code to Page Not Found, LOL!) It had some fancy name which I can't remember.
Photobucket
I find the food quite reasonably priced. Too bad they only serve local kopi and Nescafe. A bit more choices for tea and coffee would make the menu quite complete.

I notice their menu list was quite comprehensive.... they even have lobster (Thermidor)! I'll most probably be trying out some of them in the coming months..... It's opened to the public but there is a dress code. No slippers, collarless T-shirts for guys, shorts... which makes people like me segan want to go there...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post sounds like written by AJ7 but why it's written there posted by Zazu? :)
Wonderland

AJ7 said...

It was written by me... but didn't realize that Zazu had logged in.... 8)

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...