Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Week That Was

Well... this is one week which have somewhat been pleasant despite some things. Made our way to Chennai Curry House in SP again in less than a week. The Lohs were crazy enough to drive down and back again.. Son and I were merely the penumpangs. And yup! The food is still nice. Must try the vegetarian briyani... really very nice. I ta-pau some of the 'outside' food for Other Half. Nancy ta-pau the vegetarian briyani. And yes also... food ordered in the pricier area is nicer... This time we made friends with the owner who is as Indian and Chinese as one can get...

It's one week of adrenaline highs from all the activities - swimming, gym, squash and the latest, tennis. That is apart from the badminton that I still regularly play. There are days when I'd drop by the club for 40 minutes at the gym, before going to the market. Then in the evening I'd take Daughter for a swim... Yay! She's finally able to actually swim, though not very well yet. She's got a funny way of swimming.. She squeals when she is underwater. I would swim alongside her and the squeals would resonate through the water. It was kinda funny. Sometimes squash preceded the swim. Have never played so much squash in one week. 8)

And tennis... I'm still good enough only to hit the wall. But I kinda enjoy hitting the wall in a way cos I find it fun learning another new skill. Tennis strokes are different from badminton. From the swing to the way one locks the wrist in the swing. I guess I'm a sucker for new challenges...

So with all the 'false' highs provided by the adrenaline push, the days passed quite quickly. It's a dread going back to school. With all the recent congregation of people from all over recently, there is also this fear of H1N1 recurring. WHO stated that 1/4 of the mortality cases have no underlying problems. This flu can still be rather dangerous. I went to ASTRO to pay my bills and they were still taking temperature. Not many place are on the watch out now. TNB has stopped doing that. That's so like us... once the perceived danger is over, we let our guards down.

And there was yesterday (Friday) evening when Ling, Ning, Siah and I tugged and pulled at my bamboo plants in a pot. It serves as my filter for the fish pond. And the roots have gotten so dense that the water no longer gets filtered. We trimmed the roots, got splattered with 'dunno-what' microorganisms from the fish 'muck', almost gave up but finally triumphed in pulling the few smallish green bamboo plants out fromt he pot. You can never underestimate the strength of the small plants. When clustered together, they're really, really strong. I think we made a hillarious sight! There we were... two tugging the plants and two hanging on to the pot (as though for dear life).... and it was Ning's last day in Alor Setar.

Anyway, volleyball season is starting soon... I dunno whether I still want to play. All the sun and shine... getting sunburnt and all that! And what's remaining fo the term will be a busy one too.... hence my dislike for year ends...

And oh ya! Everyone should read Kenny Sia's take on our PM's Open House. I had a good laugh over it... maybe there were really those who went to see the PM but I think most of us are suckers for anything free... free food included even if it's only canteen standard. ROFL!

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...