Thursday, September 17, 2009

How's This? Another Week of Break!

School break again! One whole glorious week! Raya break!

Not that I don't enjoy work. I do. It's just that of late, things seem to be getting so..... just have no words to describe. Being in the doldrums is probably quite apt a word now. Bazaar and market days in the Staff Room finally coming to an end soon, though... baju kurung, tudung, all kinds of kuih and cakes, titbits and dunno what else (all those direct selling stuff). All I can see is there is always something on the tables for sale.

And this month, I've seen the students' attendance getting from okay to bad. The register is now dotted with so many Os. And I've ceased to chase them for letters of excuse. To have to chase each one of them when the parents can't even seem to make their children attend school... it's an effort of futility. Anyway, the most popular answer is always.. tak larat. I could sense the mood to study deteriorating by the day.... today many of the students come for the duit raya...

Been an uneventful Ramadan month for me. This year I didn't even go to the Ramadan Bazaar (the real ones, I mean). Somehow, the recent H1N1 has made me rather phobic of crowds. Been meaning to go get the Roti John at Jalan Stadium but never made it. Somehow, there've always been things on. Maybe I'll try go catch it with the gals... still another 2-3 days to go.

One week of break... maybe I'll have more time to practise tennis. Just picked it up. Started hitting the wall yesterday. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Of course I'll only know once I start to play the game itself. Googled up the techniques. Just joined RKC; am enjoying the use of the pool and squash courts. The whole family too! Tennis was an afterthought... but I've bought myself a tennis racket. No golf yet. I think I'll leave that for maybe another 10 years. Anyway, I think golf courses sap a lot of our resources. So much for so few.

Whatever it is... I'm glad for this break! Any break from work is always welcomed! Yoo-hooo!!! One WHOLE week! One week of no-need-to-think... In Bolehland, saying one's mind can be very dangerous. Sukumaran has been cowed into making an apology for his shoe garland.... some more 2 police reports. Not that I agree to what he said but to make a police report over this! You'd think our police force got nothing better to do. Anyway, I'm shutting down my brain for a while...

1 comment:

Thomas C B Chua said...

Random Shot, hapi one-week break. Just don think of anything but do what u always wanted 2 but have no time.

And also welcome to RKC. BTW Y S is in the Swimming Committee.

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...