Friday, July 27, 2012

Hair...

This is a hair cutting tool... and I think it qualifies as a collector's item. Still in a pristine condition, I still use it to cut my gal's hair. Yup, my girl still prefers her mummy to cut her hair. And I think that's awesome! An honour. Lol! At an age where most kids will want to go to the hairdresser, she still prefers me to cut her hair.... Not that I have not tried taking her to one. I did recently but she insisted that I do a better job.... 8)

The hair cutting tool above belonged to Mom. She used to learn hair dressing... and used it to cut our hair when we were younger. She gave it to me because she said I'd put it to good use. You can open it up and slide in a blade and can start thinning the hair. I think it's at least 50 years old, cos she bought it when she was very young.

Hair cutting (or dressing). I've been doing it for both my kids. Son only started going to the barber in the last 2 years. His secondary school had strict hair length which had to be adhered to. We got one of those trimming tools and Other Half was the resident barber.

For my gal, save for the one time that I took her to my hairdresser and another time when sis-in-law trimmed her hair, every single haircut has been done by the mummy. My kids aren't too fussy about all these nitty gritty stuff. Today, I just realized that I have been doing this for over 20 years! When I stopped cutting for the elder one, there was the little one. And in realizing it too, it dawned on me... memories are made of such mundane things as haircuts.

And this little tool... it has become a family heirloom, silent as it may be, but has passed through 3 generations!

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...