Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Breakfast today..

This is breakfast packed for me and my boy to bring to school today. But I suspect he's going to take it to school and unashamedly claim that he made it so that he can score some points with some gal. Lembu punya susu, sapi dapat nama!

Am encouraged to do this by Hijack Queen and her Bento ideas. Little Rainbow prefers to eat them at home, so no need to pack for her. How come I'm able to snap the photo this morning? Cos I had my camera with me in my bag! He! He! Baked beans with cheese is not too bad! The salad is made up of some greens, cherry tomatoes and raisins topped with a little mayo. Sausage is gourmet sausage. Was at the supermarket when I overheard an old couple talking to each other that these particular sausages are very hard. Must ask Fishingman.....he's a schoolmate who turned sausagemaker...whether those soft ones mean that they contain more fat and all the other not-so-good-stuff in them. Scrambled eggs has a nice smell cos I used this milk with oat in it. These days, I usually pack breakfast to bring to school. Since prices of goods have gone up and are still going up, I thought I might as well spend the same and get more!

But it's usually a mad rush in the morning cos I have only half an hour or so to get all these and myself ready. We have to leave the house early since it's a long drive for me....to send my boy to school and for me to get to work as well! Plus I have to keep chasing after the boy to wake up cos he'll keep dozing off till 6.15 a.m. And we have to leave at 6.30. So in between cooking and yelling for him to get ready....every morning is a mad rush!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wah, this is a good lunch! I have not tried bake beans with cheese or scramble egg with oat wor. I thought school canteen food is cheap?

AJ7 said...

Breakfast-lah! You get jelak of canteen food after a while and the price also goes yo-yoing sometimes.

All things beautiful said...

The link u provided on bentos is a real eye-opener (for me, at least). Now, I would love to know how u guys make all those stuff sit kwai-kwai in the box all the way to work??? :-)

AJ7 said...

The whole idea is in the packing..for that Hijack Queen is good.

Anonymous said...

hmm... so your kids are into western food, eh?

AJ7 said...

daboss...it's difficult to find kids who don't like western food these days....sigh! but tell you a secret...western food easier to prepare...Shhhh! Ha! Ha!

Unknown said...

Western food no need to stir fry! No smoky kitchen too! Put your bento box on the car seat and secure them with safety belt. That way, any baby will sit kwai-kwai all the way to the destination. haha!

AJ7 said...

Yup...car seat's the answer! You should see wat my Lil Rainbow secures with the car seat!!

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...