Friday, July 11, 2008

Canteen Food

Well, Hijack Queen mentioned canteen food should be cheap. Here's my take on food sold to the students at my school. Sometimes they have 'mee/meehoon sup' too but those are about the choices given. It's the same menu for the 200 schooling days. Other half says they look nice. But my students say otherwise. Chicken rice (left) is RM1.50. Rice with egg and anchovies (right) is RM1. Some curry will be poured onto the rice. There're also some containers of the the same curry at the tables for the students to take if the amount poured is not enough. This is what the teachers eat...we have more choices but the choices are almost the same daily. However, the canteen operator is not very consistent with her pricing. That is one of the reasons why I seldom go to the canteen. Cos 2 persons can be taking the same food but the price will be different! Generally, SK/SMK canteen operators lack imagination. I've been to the Chinese schools.... their choices are much better. Definitely more variety! It's like eating 'chak-fun' at the shops outside. That is whyI prefer to bring my own food if possible. Sometimes I would buy from the shop on my way to school but these days after the price hike, I haven't done that. As for drinks, I have my own coffee corner where I can make my tea (I've got St Dalfour, Earl Grey all stocked up) or Nescafe. If I want a cold drink, I have my trusty flask of ice and cold water. 8)

And since I am at the subject of school...this was a class work I came across.....can't seem to even copy correctly let alone get the answers right! So, how to master English, leh?

7 comments:

Dino said...

Wow.....this is worry-some if copy also copy wrong. :(

AJ7 said...

cannot copy correctly but at least this one finish copying...many don't even complete what they start! A lot of time is wasted just checking that!

Anonymous said...

is that supposed to be in Ingrish?

...and gosh, showing my age here, I can still remember when small bowl of mee was 10c, big bowl 20c at the primary school canteen!
where have all those years gone?

Athena said...

OMG... this is worse than i tot!!

AJ7 said...

now you know...basically i've got almost a whole f5 class like dat...lor. Can go siao juz tryin to get them to finish copying...

Lai Yu Zeng said...

the food looks yummy....Hope our school got sell these foods

Lai Yu Zeng said...

By the way, which school you're teaching ma'am?

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...