Thursday, July 3, 2008

No interest-free period for those who don't settle credit card debts

This was from The Star. I think it's long overdue...no interest free if you don't settle in full. The same report stated that about 50% of credit card holder pay at least the minimum amount. Only 1/3 settle all their outstanding amount. So why don't people settle all?
  1. They spend more than they can afford... means they live a life of 'hutang'. Plastic money...easy come.
  2. Ignorance...a few years ago, I had a conversation with a friend on credit card. His reason for not settling....the credit card company card says pay minimum only-mah! Like that very good! It was only after I calculated the amount of interest that he was paying as his balance got bigger that he was being sucked dry dawned upon him. I think he settles his balance in full now.
  3. The lure of good life....after all, you can just wave your credit card and you can have what you want. Most of us are driven by such desires. Good life can be rather expensive if it's the worldly things we seek after. 8( Cannot afford it actually but made affordable by this plastic money. So, how to settle all?
As for me, I settle in full every month. Anyway, I think if we use the credit card wisely, we can benefit from it...apart from the 20 days interest free plus point there are other benefits, petrol rebates for example.

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...