Thursday, July 17, 2008

Websites of Interest..

Some sites I've been visiting...
  1. Walks With Red Dog by Jim Conrad. He's a naturalist with a penchant for writing. Made up of stories / thoughts of his relationship with his dog. You can download the whole book or just read it from the comp. I've printed out the whole book. Interesting reading; read in-between the lines and there are lessons of life.
  2. The Periodic Table of Videos by Nottingham University. This site is not fully operational yet but the few videos they have make learning the elements in the periodic table quite interesting as they show you the experiments, some of which are quite dangerous. The site is expected to be quite fully operational soon. I think Chem teachers and students might find this site useful.
  3. BookPALS Storyline Online. I have talked about this in one of my earlier posts. This one is good for kids but I think I had just as much fun as my lil gal reading, listening and watching it. The reading is fantastic...of course, since all the readers are acclaimed actors/actresses. This is one sight that appeals to the senses!
  4. Tournamentsofware.com is one site for sports fan. You can get instant scores for most of the popular sports. I often have a tab open for this site when there are tournaments which catch my interest. Right now...it's the Yonex-Sunrise BAC Youth U19 Championship 2008



1 comment:

Lai Yu Zeng said...

For me, I would choose
http://answers.yahoo.com

and
http://www.howstuffworks.com

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...