Friday, July 25, 2008

Getting em up...revisited

Friday morning....Lil Rainbow was up. Since it was already mid-morning, I thought I'd get her elder bro up as well and go for breakfast. It's been a while since we did that on Fridays. Impossible task! Why??? Cos he was so sleepy...probably on call to his mobile again into the wee hours of the morning.

Finally after all the shouting to get him up, I gave up...... left him to dream his dreams and 'do his work, washing dishes' earning RM5 while he sleeps on his bed. Apparently he earns dream money in his sleep every Friday morning while we were out! I was told that he said he works on Friday mornings washing dishes for his pocket money, by a friend. I wish I can earn money like that....go sleep - wake up - got money to spend! Cos worked in the dream already! Priceless kind of job to have-lah!

Man! His line between reality and dream is so not there! Of course by the time we got back, he would have finished 'working' and would be up and about! And all that time, he'd be comfortably snuggled up in his bed! I don't think he has ever known a day of hard life..... wash dishes at home also have to chase what more wash dishes in a restaurant!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha - he's growing up lah - let him have some comfort and pampering. :)

PreciousPearl said...

i think as long as he's not getting into trouble, not being a problem child, bringing home good grades..... then it's not an issue. when I think how some of us were in our day, I'm surprised our parents put up with it!
I'ms ure he'll grow out of it :)

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...