Monday, June 28, 2010

Brain freeze...

You get this when you gobble down your ice-cream in a jiffy... this intense pain-like feeling in your head. And with that brief intensity, you just have to stop till it goes away. Sometimes people call it ice-cream headache... That's basically how I've been feeling lately, the whirs and blurs after school reopened. The brain seems to be freezing up more often and I have to actually stop and reprocess... get a grip of things. LOL!

In between classes, some video editing (doing video for a friend now), marking the exercise books, seeing to the running of odds and ends at home, running classes for both my kids... I must be doing my own kind proud... superwoman kinda thing. But this superwoman has kinda run out of charge, I think. So some timely reminders to take stock of my life is sometimes good... was just reading through the first 2 chapters of Ecclesiastes yesterday... that was my reminder. Am reminded of the vanity of this chase that we're all in. So I should remember to take time to smell the roses, ease off some of the issues bugging me and be kindly. Gosh! It's been a long while since my last gardening spree.

The brain freezes at various points... and even jams up. But there's always coffee (or tea) to perk one up. The wonders of modern brews, with extra oommph if so required. You get all kinds of coffee concoctions at different levels of lethality. LOL! Nah! I'm still not touching that stuff much yet... since my last break from coffee addiction.

But hey! It has its upside too though... your head hits the pillow and immediately you feel like you're cruising along Zzzzland. LOL! Brain freeze... I am just rambling and rumbling along.... before I floor the pedal and head for home.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ice cream freeze is one I have not suffered for a long time. Don't rush it, friend, lick at it slowly, mah! Yay! take time to smell the roses - too much going on in our lives.

Thomas C B Chua said...

AJ 7, u haven't got 2 the stage of brain haze yet where in a flash u simply cannot recognise the neighborhood where u live.

AJ7 said...

LOL! I hope my grey cells don't give way that much!

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...