Monday, June 7, 2010

Holidays Again....

Gembira! That's one apt word for my current status. Happy because I don't have to go to school.... it's a relief to the ears not to have to school related stuff for a change. We were told that we could have the first week to prepare ourselves for our PTK exam and the school would leave the second week alone. Well, apparently extra classes were scheduled for us! Empty promise! I am cancelling..... I need a break from my students. They need a break from me. Else we'll start breaking each other! Absence is supposed to make the heart grow a little fonder.... and we'll look forward to the new term!
Exam Papers
Happy also cos I managed to finished this before school closed for the term. Took me 3 intense days of facing these papers. I didn't want to have unfinished work hanging over my head during my break. Left me with 'sore' eyes and a tired mind for 2 days after that! Such kinds of task saps the energy from the brain and leaves you listless after that.
Pork Ribs
Pork ribs! Karyn came home and her ma did a makan on Friday night! These ribs were nice! We had nice company to go with the nice food. These ribs are as good as the ones we had at Chicago Rib House. We had other stuff too... buffalo wings done with a local flavour. Pork ribs are the craze now... I did a round of it at home on Sunday too! 8)
Noodles
The main course was noodles soup, my gal's absolute favourite whenever she goes to Aunty Chua's. Having spent 4 years eating it, she always relishes every opportunity she gets to eat it. And she is not along in missing this dish... many of the kids who went there do too!
Nyonya Chang
But we had all these other things to go along; including chang! These are nyonya dumplings.... they call it pua-kiam-ti (that's Hookiean for half salty and sweet). It's a fusion food night.... LOL!
Nyonya Chang
This is what's under all those wraps.... the blue colour is from the bunga telang. I usually prefer the meat dumplings but these were very nice. We had another session of chang on Saturday... the day the meat dumplings came out fresh from the pot! 8)

We had fun mixing and making our own drink concoctions - bacardi, kahlua, coffee, bailey, ice-cream, mango....
Kenduri
Blogging has taken a back seat these last few days cos I've not had much time to sit down at my computer. It's holiday season; which also means it's kenduri season. Attended my first one over the weekend. Have a couple more invitations to go.

The blessings in life; not so much of the activities but because of the people... Also one night when Thomas dropped by with mantou from the Bedong restaurant to share his (and his Better Half's) joy of being able to locate the restaurant and try them.... that's super duper nice! Sometimes we forget and allow the trivial matters to get in between relationships....

So this hols.... so far it's been nice to be able to reconnect with friends... that apart from the unending and unceasing toiling of clearing that must take place every hols at home too!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The kids are happy too'coz hols are in! Every day is a holiday for me 'coz my kids aren't schooling anymore. LOL.
I like chang but one is more than enough as the glutinous rice can be a bit heavy in the stomach. Haven't eaten any this time round tho.

PreciousPearl said...

very droolsome!
i can't understand why extra classes are held during holidays - doesn't the Education Ministry know the definition of "holiday"?

AJ7 said...

The MOE gave the hols... it's the people the appoint to head the schools who seem to have experienced some short circuit in their brains.

Thomas C B Chua said...

AJ 7, those piles of papers look familiar...... tissue papers ? LOL

AJ7 said...

To you it can be tissue papers... to me it's work. 8(

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...