Thursday, June 10, 2010

PTK Again..

Hols = Exam = 40 objective questions...

I finished round one in 13 minutes and took another 15 minutes to check my answers. They told us we could go out from the 30th min to the 50th min. I scooted on the dot! And I wasn't alone! There are 2 papers. I've already a 4 for one component on my first try. This is my 3rd retake for the other component... I must be dumb! I've managed to pass all with a 3 but I need the 4 to get my salary jump.

No matter how good of a teacher one may be, without this written qualifications, you'd never get your jump. So, you may be an awe inspiring teacher or one who gives your mind and soul to your job but if you don't get a 4-4 for your PTK, no pay jump for you. But if you are able to ace the written exam but do not really inspire or you do just the minimum, you'd still get your jump. A fair measure?? Go figure!!! This system has a big hole and many good teachers are lost through that hole! Assessment! It's hard to give and make fair assessments. We are often bought over by our prejudices... again and again, I am reminded of our fallen nature.

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...