Sunday, June 20, 2010

The first...

...of anything that you don't feel upbeat about usually tend to feel draggy. And that's how the first day of school feels like - draggy! But if it's the first day of something you are upbeat about, time flies. Yet the hour and minutes tick at its same consistent pace. How our perception affects us!

Today is the first day of school after 14 days of break from it. School felt kinda dreamy today. A cup of coffee will probably drug me enough to perk me. However, I guess things will get a sense of its own normalcy after a few more days. For 14 days this life became so distant. But the present familiarity takes root fast. And this morning I followed Son partially to school in my car. His first day driving to school.

Came back from Camp... the speaker threw some good questions. But we'll need to do some consolidation of the unanswered ends if something more meaningful were to come out of it. However, I feel we may have lost our sense of objective a bit. One said it's good enough just to attend a camp for the sake of listening to a good speaker... hmm... I think we can do that without the need of going away. A 3-night seminar would suffice, minus the traveling actually. We'd spend less too, if cost is a factor! We label ours a Family Camp but it felt more just like just a Camp... minus the family in the real sense. Very little bonding took place... and I think I went home not knowing the names of everyone who attended.

Went down to the pool on the only free afternoon of the Camp. The young people were fooling around in the water. My Lil One joined them. The older kids were very kind to her.. they let her monkey around with them. Small kids always relish the opportunity of playing with the older kids. It makes them feel kinda big.... 8) It's a big deal to the little ones.

Anyway, this is just an 'in-between' rambling. There are classes to attend, stuff to clear...... back to the grind. And I've quite a bit to grind for the next couple of weeks...

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...