Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bible Reading...

When I got my Ipod Touch, one of the apps that I loaded into it was the Bible... and I find it awesome that it can have different versions and languages. Eventually too, I found some Reading Plan apps and I downloaded a couple. I finally picked one which could be used offline.

The last time I read through the whole Bible was eons ago.... but every now and then, I would make this resolution to read it. I usually failed.

Well, it's been almost 8 months! And though I miss my scheduled readings quite often, the Touch has enabled me to keep track of my readings... and reminds me to make up. Being so handy means that it's with me all the time. Which means that sometimes I get to read when I am stuck in a traffic jam... actually, you hardly get any here except at the railway crossings... 8) But the point is, I've been able to read it anywhere... Of course I am aware that I am still shortchanging myself in the sense that I read it on the go, sometimes rushed by situations, etc...

But the readings have been good for me for I have been reminded of much... it's easy to forget that we're mere mortals sometimes, especially when you still have your strength with you. Reading the Bible reminds me that eternity awaits. And as recent events have reminded, with a blessed assurance, there is peace in the closure on this side of the great divide.

Well, I've reread my favourites like Ecclesiastes and Proverbs. I've learned to look at Songs of Solomon from a different perspective. I'm reminded of many things from 1 Corinthians. Even Hosea holds a new perspective for me. I've gone through the Pentateuch and I still find books like Leviticus, Numbers and Deutronomy hard to crunch; the long lineage lines and also the figures. I'm slightly more than half into the whole Bible now... and I hope I shall be able to finish it one round this year end; would be a small cause for celebration then. 8)

12 comments:

Sia Mooi said...

wat apps is dat?

AJ7 said...

Bible Reading Plan... It has this tiny box for you to tick by the side for each chapter you are supposed to read. I find it most helpful. 8)

Dino said...

Ipad A7....Ipad!!!!

AJ7 said...

I am waiting for it to arrive!!! Unfortunately, Malaysia is obviously a market that is insignificant. Am very tempted to get one from Singapore as it is.... Already many months overdue! 8(

PreciousPearl said...

haiya, u guys going on about iPad, and here's Cavebaby & me debating whether to get an iTouch.....

AJ7 said...

Ipad for home use! Itouch for on the go!!! Come join us lah...

Dino said...

Get Itouch...best portable device period.

PreciousPearl said...

count my pennies

*ngek*

Sia Mooi said...

PP: i think it's not very expensive there compared to here. an 8gig is less than rm800; add another rm400plus n i think u can get a 32gig.

it's a personal gadget...soon everybody in the family wants their own. that's when it gets expensive!

AJ7 said...

SM is right. It gets expensive when everyone wants one. I have 3 at home currently....

PreciousPearl said...

let's see what Santa Claus brings.....

AJ7 said...

Santa Claus is knocking on your door early??? Can send 'im over onot? Ho! Ho! Ho!

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...