Saturday, August 7, 2010

Can You Keep A Secret... by Sophie Kinsella

This one is also another repeat author, passed to me by SM. I read a good part of it while waiting at the hospital.

This one portrays the main character as whimsical, though not entirely cos she seems to bear with some of the crap that came her way in a rather nice way.

Emma, the main character babbles 'incoherently' often times. That's when all her secrets will spill out. She does just that in a flight to a stranger who turns out to be the owner of her company. They fall in love eventually... or rather he falls in love with her 'spontaneity'. She goes through some humiliating moments when her secrets come out, followed by the usual ensuing drama, quite predictable.

The novel is rather fun and light to read. There's nothing really deep to digest except the enjoyment of the hilarity and chaos which seem to plague the main character's life. Oh ya! The humour is very British... after all, the writer is English. Book 35, this being my hospital book! And I am glad that I had my Ipod Touch with me... really helped the minutes pass.

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...