Thursday, August 12, 2010

The feasting on the first day of fasting...

... 1st day of Ramadhan is a PH here. I welcome any PH(s). A day's break from work is always welcomed cos it gives time to catch up on a lot of things. First thing in the morning was breakfast with friends... and 2 kids in tow.
Dim Sum
This is one of the newer dim sun joints in Alor Setar. Located near PMC, behind the derelict Tunku Yaakub building, this place is air-conditioned.

Dim Sum
You find the normal dim sum fare. They taste like what dim sum should. Their loh-mai-kai wasn't too bad.
Cream Pau
This pau is slightly different. In it, you find this soup-like filling. It literally oozes out. We thought we heard the waiter saying that the filling was clam... his pronunciation was so bad that 'cream' sounded like 'clam'. LOL!
pau,cream
Anyway, the watery filling tasted of butter and corn. Not bad. All of us found it nice.

After that it was back home for a short lesson with my gal and co, followed by a round of ironing. My day help has been MIA for the past 5 days! See why I think the robot vacuum is godsent? Robots don't get you all flustered up. People do! If the floor is not clean, just press a button and it does it all over again. With people, you have to watch what you say, how you say it.

And Wednesday being an off day... LF did a last minute tea thing. Was supposed to incorporate craft but I went for the company and also to help finish the food. 8) My gal invited herself cos she said she has not been to Aunty LF's house since she moved. We sat around and sembang... that's what ladies do best!

Before the day ended, I even managed to squeeze in some shopping for household stuff with my girl. Then I released my vacuum robot to prowl the floor while I blogged. I am liking it more by the day. Now to find a robot that can wipe the window panes and sliding doors....... 8)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's been a while that we had dim sum ourselves. last Sunday, we went to Grand Imperial, Plaza Damas for some. It was better than good:))So we were satisfied.

PreciousPearl said...

u know, somehow the words "dim sum" and "aircon" don't quite sound right in the same sentence :p

Dino said...

Lucky for me...i can get dim sum here!!! :D

All Things Beautiful said...

From the description, the special soupy pau sounds like "siow loong pau". We tried that at "Dian Siow Er" in Singapore but I don't remember it being so big. Either I'm wrong or my memory is failing! LOL!

AJ7 said...

This is different from the siao loong pau... I've tried the one in singapore too. It's different than this one.

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...