Friday, August 20, 2010

The Dangerous World of Daniel X... by James Patterson

Book 37 and getting there! 8) Think this is the 4th of Patterson's books that I've read this year. He's actually quite a versatile writer. From the deeply divided America of the KKK era, to the sophisticated world of high flying private investigation and now to the kind of sci-fi story that I try to teach my gal to write. I was hooked from the minute I started, first, mainly from amusement from what I was reading. It's definitely a kid's book.

Daniel X, Alien Hunter of bad aliens bent on destroying Earth. And he's got special gifts which enabled him to do the 'superman' stuff. His parents came to Earth to hunt down the bad aliens but were killed by The Prayer; a very bad alien on top of the Wanted List of bad aliens. It felt like I was reading a Marvel Comic, only this was all words. Found it fun that I finished it in 2 days! ... anyway, I had so much waiting to do here and there. The Ipod came to the rescue again! 8)

Just a fortnight ago, I was trying to spark my gal's (and her friends) imaginations by asking them to write an ending to an alien (that looked like a marriage of pig and snail) invasion. Kids don't do stuff like that in schools these days over here. Everything is rote and set. Very dull and boring. So, I found it highly entertaining to read a full length book with a high dose of imagination, the fluffy kind. I must get my girl to read this.

Anyway, the story ended well. Daniel was duped by Bad Alien No 6 on The Wanted List and was taken on a space ride back to his home planet. Suffice to say, events were turned around and he saved the day for his home planet. He, a mere 15 year old boy killed Bad Alien No 6. A nice read for kids, this one, clean too 8) ... and also adults who want a dose of superhero saves the day 'thingy' for light entertainment. I'd give this 2 thumbs up! *grin*

4 comments:

PreciousPearl said...

do you buy the books off apple bookstore? I download a whole load of stuff off Project Gutenberg for free...

AJ7 said...

nope... 8) The Gutenberg stuff mostly classics, right? Freebies.

BernardG said...

A fan of James Patterson? Nice, I love his Maximum Ride series. He's a great writer, keeping each chapter short with easily understandable language.

Sia Mooi said...

just found out that my gal is a great fan of Patterson. She loves maximum ride series which she has convinced Dan to read too. If you have any of his books; do send them. thx.

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...