Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter..what it is to me

This is what Easter means to me....John 11:25-26 "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.

When I was a kid, I looked forward to Easter. We had fun egg hunting during Sunday School, memorizing Bible verses (in Mandarin) - my first Scriptures were in Mandarin! - and singing. My friends and I will be running all over the church compound seeking out those red eggs and we would show off our haul at the end of it.


Now, Easter reminds me of the sufferings that Christ went through on the cross for us, and because of that I know He understands our times of pain. The cross also signifies sacrifice and forgiveness, which I am sure many of us find difficulty in giving and sometimes receiving; and also healing that comes after forgiveness. It's always better to forgive and be forgiven. We do not need to carry the baggages of bitterness in our lives. Finally, the empty tomb signifies hope and with it the possibilities unfathomable by our finite minds. (John 3:16) God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that whoever believes might not perish but have eternal life.

....love, sacrifice so that we can have hope.

BLESSED EASTER!
Enjoy the short video clip

Anyway this is a site with some interesting stuff on Easter.

3 comments:

Hammerhead said...

Happy Easter. God bless.

AJ7 said...

Thanks...

Dave said...

Easter reminds us of a 'new dawn' for the world, after the dark of Good Friday :)

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...