Sunday, February 8, 2009

Saturday...of computers and hills

Spent a very big part of the weekend going through my collection of digital photos... we started using the digital camera back in 2001. Started using it in earnest soon after. 2001 was also the year my girl was born... so her photos are all digitally archived.

A couple of months back I had wanted to embark on compiling a DVD of memories. Finally got started on Friday night. There was no stopping once I start on something. And I worked on it through the wee hours of Saturday and carried on almost the whole day. I spent hours on the computer and my shoulders are aching. Age is catching up... used to be able to sit for a long time and not feel it much.

Apple's iLife makes things quite easy. But still it's a very time consuming project. However, working on this was actually quite fun cos it brought back so many fond memories. I have a long way more to go. This project will probably take up a couple more weeks if not months. But it shall be our legacy to our kids.... a legacy of memories together for them.
Photobucket
Took a break and went hiking in the evening. This time Other Half and I took the Lil One as the bro had BK class. Had friends for company this time too. We used to go in a group when this was a regular thing. Trying to get this group thingy going again.
Photobucket
I love this shot.. with the blue sky and barren trees. In a couple of months, when the rains hit this part of the country again, green leaves will sprout and the whole place will feel really alive again! Unlike now which is so dry and dusty, the place will be damp and a little muddy. We used to be sticklers to our hiking schedule... rain or shine, we'd be there. So sometimes we'd go back drenched and soak to the skin. Those crazy days!! There was once it poured cats and dogs while we were on the way down the hill! It was an experience for my boy then, having been brought up quite sheltered and all that!
Photobucket
Lil One took to the hike quite well. Unlike the last time when we actually had to carry her, she was able to move on her own. Ascent and descent were at quite good speed. I only had to reach out my hand for her to hold.... not so much as to help her keep her balance but more for assurance. In time to come, she'll be independent... much as I will miss that. Bro went through that... now it's her turn.
Photobucket
Tis always nice to sit on the swing, what more on a hill in a natural surrounding. I always look forward to get to the top of the hill cos I know there always places for me to sit, either the swings or the bench.
Photobucket
What goes up must come down... our descent down the hill, carrying with us some of the containers which we've emptied on the plants in the surrounding area. Some of the shrubs are 'burning' up. I'd fill it up again at the foot of the hill and the 2 kids would carry them to the start of the trail.

We're hoping this would be a weekly activity again... and that more of those who dropped off would come back. It's not just the workout but also the company... and memories.

2 comments:

Wooodychua said...

what day is the hikes now? enjoyed those times when i was back and could join u all. hey, i coming back this weekend!!! will arrive bout lunch time on fri and leave after lunch on sun!

AJ7 said...

Saturday evenings.... most welcome to join. 8)

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...