Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Things That Excite A Kid

Small kids get excited over the littlest and simplest of things. Yesterday I told Lil Rainbow that I had some marshmallows and asked her whether she would like to bring some to school. Her eyes lighted up and told me she wanted bread with kaya and jam to bring along.

So this morning even though, she was really groggy, she perked up as soon as we sat at the table to make her sandwich. We made two types of sandwich - bread/kaya and ham/cucumber/egg. Then we arranged the marshmallows together. Initially it was supposed to be some flowers surrounded by fences but we kept stuffing more and more in cos she wanted to give some to her friend. Lil Rainbow went to school quite perky today. Elder bro also brought the marshmallows with his ham and egg sandwich - in a non-kiddy container, of course. Even bigger kids enjoy bringing tidbits like this! No wonder some of the moms I know (i.e. Hijack Queen, All Things Purple) make such elaborate stuff for their kids in equally elaborate bento boxes. It provides an exciting blip in their lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you eat also bersemangat a bit wan. Now I just wish my darling will make breakfast for me. Boohoo!

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...