Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Creative Teacher..

Was asked to give a short talk during an in-house on Creativity in the Teaching and Learning Processes yesterday. Had initially said no as it was supposed to be held on a Saturday but good fortune wasn't smiling on me. I couldn't weave my way out of this one. So there I was, talking about creativity in teaching.. LOL! I think there are others better qualified. But I managed to wrangle an exchange out of my GK for something else. He! He! Anyway, it was a good experience to talk in front of my own colleagues for a change. And the best compliment came today when one of my colleagues came up to me and said she enjoyed my stories... "feeling bloated' now. ROFL!

I did most of the talking while another colleague came up with the activity - to build a structure with straws and tape that can hold the most number of bottles of mineral water. I think most had fun with this activity...
Photobucket
The winning entry... but I think they used more than the 2 packets of straws given to each group....
Photobucket
My group's....unfortunately we did not strengthen the structure's side...so the bottles came rolling down after someone touched it... too bad! But unlike others, ours were not like the others which were straws tied in a bundle. Ours were single straws bent into triangles and we joined all the triangles together. The platform could tahan quite a bit of weight but we forgot to reinforce the sides...hence the bottles went rolling over.
Photobucket
All in all it's a nice break from the usual stuff. So, am I a creative teacher...I'd like to think so but truth is there's still a lot for me to learn, improve on and explore....don't think it'll ever end.

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...