Saturday, September 27, 2008

Gotong-Royong at Church

Today we had a gotong-royong to clean the church. The main focus was the chairs....labelling and treating them. Labeling was done in a jiffy as there were quite a number of people to do it...all quite cekap.
Photobucket
Breakfast was provided. We'd have worked for free. But food is always welcomed cos it's always nice to eat with company. 8)
Photobucket
Treating the chairs. Basically we just sprayed the bottom with insect spray to get rid of possible weevils. The factory said there might still be some. ...this is one factory we shouldn't buy the chairs. For that price, since we have to spray it some more, might as well get from Carrefour. So since we want the chairs to last as long as possible, thought we'd rid them of the pests. The whole sanctuary smelled strongly of the insecticide for quite a while.
Photobucket
And since we were already at it...we also gave all the plastic chairs there a good wipe and also the floor a good clean-up.
Photobucket
Footprints on the tiles... 8) All in all it was a nice get-together. Was fun working together. Got some time to sembang-sembang and many hands do make light work.

One thing though...there was a lack of young people around.... the young people's presence was missed. I am told that they are very busy.. sigh! These days... when it comes to things like this, there're always tuitions and other stuff. I thought this make good service...it may not be 'glamourous' like doing all the more visible stuff (playing instruments, leading, etc) but they're are equally important. Without a clean place, where then will we worship?.... and I think we're very blessed to have a Property Chairman who is a very hands-on person.

6 comments:

All things beautiful said...

Agreed... but latest I heard is he's throwing in the towel. Know the reason???

Anonymous said...

A Amelia.....where la the young ppl busy..?? I dint even know about it.. If i had known, i would have asked the MYF to help out with the gotong-royong..Its not that we dont wan to help cleaning but do 'glamourous' visible stuff..Trust me,if there were more musicians, i would gladly let them take all my duties.. (Tim)

AJ7 said...

Dat's wat I am told... the young these days v busy... it's not related to the music thingy....that's something else for another discourse! 8)

Daniel Ting said...

eh, got young people okay, i'm old d ar?

AJ7 said...

did i say there were no young people at all??? got 2 very young people there oso...your lil sis and Jonathan who really worked hard! Way to go for him!!! 8)

Anonymous said...

Hi,I'm Ah Gun. 20 years old.
I'm a Christian.
I live at Kedah but my place is near Perlis. So, I used to go to the church at Perlis.

Now,I'm moving to my aunt's house in Alor Setar,so I wish to find a suitable church at Alor Setar.

I'm just stay at alor star for few weeks only,so I dun know lotz of the Taman at alor setar.

Futhermore,now,i'm studying at UUM and stay inside UUM's hostel,so I seldom go back my aunt adi.

Izzit your church is a methodist church?
Izzit english service or mandirin service?
where is ur church?

I got lot of question wanna ask u............Please contact me.
I really hope u can help me! God bless!
my e-mail address is gun_paradise@hotmail.com
hope to hear from u soon!

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...