Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Walk In the Ramadan Bazaar

The girls are around...so we decided to go cari-cari makan at one of the many Ramadan bazaars which have sprouted up all over town.
Photobucket
Off we went...I always like it when they are around cos I get chauffeured around. Can sit back and take in everything and be treated like a boss... LOL! They'll 'cekik' me if they read this. 8) But they're such nice girls... so probably won't-lah!
Photobucket
There was a small crowd when we got there at just before 5 p.m. The sun was beating down hard on us. By the time we got into the tents, we were already smelling like the food. Everywhere, you can smell food. These are random shots of the food there.
Photobucket
Long burger...guess if you have many mouths to feed it would make sense to have this one. Two choices available, chicken or beef. I got one too but forgot to ask them not to put chilli. But when I went into the kitchen, it was all gone. So, must have been okay, I guess.
Photobucket
Keropok lekor...thick and thin. I like the thick one cos it's rubbery. Makes it chewy. But your jaw does get a little tired after a while. 8) Still it's nice.
Photobucket
Pekasam pulut. I haven't eaten this for a long time. So I got myself a packet. Nothing like a traditional kampung food for a change sometimes. It wasn't too bad but the pulut really made me sleepy.
Photobucket
Interesting name .... I think after taking this one will be able to shift into different gears quite quickly. LOL!
Photobucket
Very colourful all these drinks and they are neatly tied up in plastic bags. Very easy to take home.
Photobucket
Prices in Alor Star still reasonable??? I think it's still probably cheaper than those of other bigger cities. Still can tahan.
Photobucket
But can also see that the place is not that crowded. Maybe because there are so many Ramadan Bazaars now or people are feeling the price increase crunch and are buying less. Whatever it is, I didn't get to eat my mee sup tulang cos the other stuff I bought turned out to be too 'spicy' for the little one. So she had that...some more after I asked for tambah daging in anticipation for a slurpy mee sup tulang time. Sigh!

3 comments:

Athena said...

si teruna selling sup gearbox.. this just came out wrong!

Anonymous said...

hi aunty amelia. Su-Jian here. the long burger is called roti john. i think you already know this but other readers might not. just to let you, i'm a frequent reader of your blog. it's good to me updated about the world and mainly Malaysia. thx..

AJ7 said...

I am honoured u read my blog. Ah! Actually I have forgotten the name of the burger....that's why I called it the long burger.. 8)

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...