Monday, September 22, 2008

More Bento-ing...

This morning's fare..
Photobucket
Pancakes cut into small bite pieces with cookie cutters on picks for easy eating. Maple syrup is in the container...still waiting to get some proper sauce containers. Fish-shaped egg cut into half with a dash of salt for extra taste. A small sausage cut into bite sizes also on a pick and some seedless grapes and a cherry tomato to round everything up.

Today I decided to get up extra 10 minutes earlier, which meant pushing my waking up time to 6.00 a.m. This to reduce the frantic rush to get everything ready by 6.35 a.m. cos everyone will be down for breakfast before going off. Then I will go and change while the rest sit down and eat. A quick change into work clothes and I am back in the kitchen, to pack the food. Then a quick bite and off we go.

Then drop lil girl off....dawn is still breaking then...traffic is not so heavy. They grow up way too fast.
Photobucket
Then another quick stop to get 'makan' for school. It's puasa month now so canteen is closed. It's either bring food to school or go out in search of food. The latter means going out to town...means less time to finish off my stuff. So the former is a more attractive option for me usually, though we still go out occasionally. I could always pack for myself but sometimes for the sake of camaraderie....This is Hokkien Mee. Some say this place has one of the best Hokkien Mee in town. The soup really packs a punch! 8)
Photobucket
After the 'ta-pau' stop, another 20 minutes to work. I always try to make it a leisurely drive...time for a little reflection or just simply enjoying the silence or the radio...whichever catches my fancy for the day. Today's sun ... camera not canggih enough to capture its essence! Waiting for other half to get his DSLR... 8)
So there...my usual morning on a school day.

Update 1st October 2010
The best Hokkien Mee (at least to me) stall is no longer operating there. Went there this morning and found 3 new stalls operating there. Tried their lor-mee but it wasn't spectacular. Now to find out where the original Hokkiem Mee operator has gone.

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...