Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Egg Mould For My Bento

Finally got my egg mould. Friend ordered online, so I 'pacat' on her order. Just to try it out. The merchandise arrived this afternoon and I got it tonight. Immediately boiled 2 eggs to try it out. 2 of these moulds for RM12...that's RM6 a piece for two pieces of plastic! Siao moms! But the eggs will surely taste nicer to the kids. ROFL!
Photobucket Image Hosting
It worked like a charm. Was worried that the eggs might pecah as we have another friend who bought some moulds a week or two back who have tried on more than a dozen egg and all of them pecah. Followed the instructions from the Net...put in some salt as the eggs boiled. Then peel it while they're hot and put them into the mould. Finally, dump them into icy cold water. After a while....ta...daaaaa!! 2 odd but cute-looking eggs. Bigger eggs would have been nicer. As it was my Teddy was missing his ears and Kitty Cat's ears and nose were a bit cacat also.

Anyway, there were two kids around, so we gave them the eggs. True enough my gal said the egg was very nice. She took the Hello Kitty egg. Said she even licked all the yolk. LOL! Next week, I will let her take to school. Already she is excited about it. 8) Also got some animal picks to 'perk' the food presentation up.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My housemate just bought egg moulds too! They cost about $2 each here... from the $2 shop called Daiso. :)

AJ7 said...

Wen you coming back ah??? Can kirim get some ah??

Athena said...

ur moulds are perfect!!! :) it looks enuf

Anonymous said...

I want also Deborah. Get one for me.

Anonymous said...

I may be coming back end of this month. I think they aren't as fancy though. I think they only have star & heart shapes. You still want?

who is anonymous??

Anonymous said...

oh... sorry... 2 bucks for both heart and star...

they look exactly like this.

AJ7 said...

yup...

Anonymous said...

kakaka... you low kong baru complain you buying lots of bento stuff. Way to go aj7!

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...