Monday, May 18, 2009

Light and Easy in Alor Setar

I went to this particular cafe when it first opened... I think it may have been a year or more back. Anyway, I was telling Other Half about it and we decided to give it a try since he has never been there. My last visit there was with Son.
LightNEasy1
This place is easy to find. It's flanked between Standard Chartered and UOB, along Jln Gangsa. But pinpointing it will take some effort as the signboard is really inconspicuous and the cafe is upstairs.
LightNEasy2
The place hasn't changed at all from my last visit though the menu has. Ambiance is still nice. It's a nice place to go for a sembang... nice comfy sofa set. Can just order some drinks and snacks and sit around. There's a dearth of such places in Alor Setar... 8(
LightNEasy3
Can also sit on the open balcony... it overlooks the parking lot. Beyond is the 'store' for Toyota. But for those with a penchant for attracting the mozzies, it's best to sit inside. 8)
LightNEasy4
True to its name, service is also light and easy. You better make sure you are not in a rush. Takes a while for your order to travel from the kitchen to your table. It was like that the last time I went with Son too. Then, the menu was also very limited; one page to be exact but like I mentioned earlier, their repertoire has improved! This is roast chicken with mushroom which Other Half had.
LightNEasy5
This time around, they actually had quite a lot of choices. There's even steamboat! A friend said their steamboat is good. But I prefer to make my own steamboat.... get better and fresher stuff this way. I had this; salmon steak. The sauce was nice.

Son had Chicken Maryland... while Daughter had Chicken Sandwich. The portions were generous and the price, reasonable I feel. So, if one is looking for a place to lepak and chat with friends, I think this is quite... light and easy as goes its name! 8)

2 comments:

Thomas C B Chua said...

Random Shots, this joint is owned by Robert who has broken up with his partner at Riverbank (Tmn Habshah). The western is good but stay away from seafood.Remember there is the 10% on the bill.

AJ7 said...

Thx for the added info. Someone also said that the Chinese food there is not too good. Stick to Western.

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...